Thursday, April 23, 2009

Scare.......

So, before I start this blog let me say that it is probably TMI for most of you so don't feel like you have to read it if you don't like TMI but I feel the need to blog since this has been a really tough week emotionally!!
I am not a person who is use to having things go on in my life where I feel torn as to whether or not to blog about it and I struggle with telling personal info about myself!! But, several of you do that and I could honestly use the support right now and I need to vent period!! =) So, here goes!!

About four months ago out of no where I stopped having a period........now, let me say first off that in 25 years of living and I guess over 12 years of having a cycle I have NEV ER had this problem until now!! Normally this would be a good thing right??!! Well, my first thought was 'oh no, I can't be pregnant again' but soon that was the least of my problems. Anywho, after being terrified that I may be pregnant again, I took a test and it was negative. At that point I waited another month and still nothing so I called my doctor's office and left a message for a nurse to call me back. Sure that everything was ok I waited and finally (after what seemed like hours) a nurse returns my call. I tell her what has happened and she asked me what birth control I was on......I told her Yaz. She then proceeds to tell me that it is probably the Yaz that is making my cycle non-existant and that I should take a test to make sure I'm not pregnant. I tell her I already did that and she says that I shoudl see if it comes back within a month or two and if not to come in and let Doctor Phillips check to make sure eveyrthing was okay and then he could prescrib a different BC if I didn't like not having a period. So, not worried, I waited and January adn February came and went and still nothing. So, I call back ready to make an appointment right??!! Well, when I call back they tell me that I don't really need an appointment that the nurse can call me back and prescrib whatever I was on before. Not thinking anything about it I said to get the nurse to call me back. She did, and she tells me that she was calling in a med called Provera to make me have a cycle and then for me to start Yasmin again after that cycle (Yasmin is what I was on before I got pregnant with Addison). So, at the advice of the nurse, still not worried about anything, this is what I do. I started taking the Provera the last week of March into the first week of April..........after seven days of Provera I still didn't start so i called back, worried at this point, to Doctor Phillips office to have a nurse call me back. She calls back (at this point the 3rd DIFFERENT nurse I've talked to) and says to me that it could take up to 10 days after the last pill was taken. Not only was I stressing at that point but she talked to me like I was an idiot for asking about it like I should've known that answer......REALLY?? I am not a nurse/doctor so why should I know that!! Anyway, so the 10th day was last thursday......still nothing and at that point I was tempted to let it go until my annual check with my doctor. Until Sunday......Sunday I started having random, out of the blue, inconsistant, sharp pains around my ovaries. I can not begin to tell you where my mind went with this situation......but it was not good. Needless to say after all this I called back to make an appointment on Tuesday to see my Doctor. As if all this drama wasn't enough the rude lady making my appointment began to tell me that my Doctor couldn't fit me in until.......JUNE 15th!!!!! Are you kidding me?? I was livid.....and pretty much demanded that someone see me immediately. Call me crazy but does this not seem like an emergency to anyone but me?? Was I really overreacting about this situation?? I didn't think so........so after fighting with her I got an appointment to see a nurse practitioner yesterday. Terrified at what she would tell me I went to see her and this is now what we know.

I had a cyst on my ovaries that ruptured.........yes, you read that correctly.......and I was so upset at this. Not really because of what it was but because of how long I went without knowing!! i am sure some of you reading this are thinking that this is not a big deal at all but for me, this is a big deal. I have to go back in 2 weeks to actually see Doctor Phillips, let him examine me and see if I have anymore and we'll go from there. I am at risk to develop more before I can get back on birth control but they are certain that these will go away once I begin birth control again but I obviously have to have a cycle first before that's an option. I don't know enough about this to know if this was a one time thing or if it could affect me in any other ways down the road but at least now I know and we can move on to what needs to be done about it.

Ahhhh......that makes me feel so much better to have that off my chest and I appreciate all of you who read this for reading it. It means alot that you took time out of your day to read this LONG blog post.......I'll keep you updated as i know things!! =) Hugs and Kisses!!

No comments:

Post a Comment